Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Dreading the day.

I am a worrier, I worry about the weather, if I get the best deal on something, or if I will make it somewhere on time. You name it I worry about it. I have always struggled with the "little stuff". So when big things come up, my tendency to worry kicks into overdrive.
As it is now October, and I can no longer fight it...December is coming...no, I do not dread it because of the Christmas shopping or decorations craziness...December is when we lost our son. October turns into November which turns into December.
For some reason the last couple of years once we hit October I start to dread "that day". If any of you have lost someone dear to you, it seems like things always circulate around certain dates. Our son was delivered on December 29th, and when we were finally able to get pregnant..our next child's due date was...yes, you guessed it December 29th. We were anxious to have to celebrate the memory of our son on the same day to celebrate the birth date of another.
I struggle so much with not worrying or being anxious. Sometimes it is just so hard. I hear the voice of the evil one trying to test and shake my faith, only to be protected by FATHERS word. I read the next three passages sometimes...ok often..ha...hope they will offer comfort to your heart if you also struggle with worry, anxiety or dread. Remember, bring it to HIM(ha), open your heart and ear to HIM and he will hold you closely.

Ephesians 6:10
John 14:1
[ Jesus Comforts His Disciples ] "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God ; trust also in me.

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Ephesians 6:10
The Armor of God
10Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17Take the helmet of salvation and the
sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would have been blessed to talk to someone like you when we lost our babies 30 years ago. Bless you as Dec. comes.