Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Just Breathe

As December is approaching...I have to remind my self to breathe.
I recall the day that we went to the doctor for our "routine" ultrasound. As the ultrasound tech kept asking..."what are you here for again?" I knew something was wrong...but we could not led on, our daughter was right next to us...just breathe...I said to myself, hoping and praying that the little lungs and heart on the screen would move...breathe...God...help this baby breathe. As the terrible news was given to us, and as we prepared for a funeral, I had to remind myself many times to take a breath and...............breathe. The piercing pain in my heart hurt so bad that it literally took my breath away.
Even now as I drive out of town, I have to pass his grave and always look... I have often found myself holding my breath as we pass...I think my brain is networked that way now.

JUST BREATHE

I recently was listening to a interview of Steven Curtis Chapman talking about the death of their daughter...I know I am not going to get the quote right, but he commented on looking at her and praying to God to "breathe life into her body"

And that God did that, but not the way that he was praying for..not in an earthly way(which we pray for)...but in a heavenly way.
A breath of ETERNAL LIFE!

Some things are so simple and matter of fact.
As God did at the "beginning"
Genesis 2:7
from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

It is was so beautiful at "the beginning" I can't even imagine the awesome wonders he does for those joining HIM. Whatever he does or however it happens...I can only believe that is full of wonder, love, and beauty.

No comments: