Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Tuckered out

Have not written a post for some time...I have not been feeling well and have been saving my energy for my little munchkins. The other day was quite exhausting...I was wiped out by 5pm. Heard the news of many sad things...so I was literally praying ALL day...death, sickness, broken hearts, broken lives...it was so worth it...the one thing I could give to so many hurting...it was nothing compared to the suffering of others. I prayed for these people to have God's comfort, accept his love, and to follow his ways. I don't want you to think that this is the first time I had prayed and because it was new...it made me tired.

It was just that oh....so many where needing prayers. I kind of felt like I had a split personality...one going on as normal with the daily chores, housework, watching the kids, cooking. The other in a constant conversation with God...
I am amazed with his commitment to listening to all of our requests.
Ever since I have become a believer, I have tried hard not to do the "bargaining prayer", if you give me this ONE thing then I will ______________. That is not how God intended prayer to be...he wants us to have an intimate conversation with him...a conversation about thankfulness for the blessings he has given us, our failures, our hopes and our needs...real needs...not wants. Does he always answer our prayers, YES each and everyone, though it may not always be answered the way "we" want it to be. But like any loving FATHER, he knows what is best for us, knowing that maybe that prayer that we consider unanswered was the best thing for his child.

Paul prayed continually...he...was just that... a prayer...I can only imagine how tired he was at the end of the day.

Psalm 17:6
I call on you, O God, for you will answer me;
give ear to me and hear my prayer.

Psalm 66:20
Praise be to God,
who has not rejected my prayer
or withheld his love from me!

1 Thessalonians 5:17-18
pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

No comments: